[D-runtime] dup attributes?

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 6 06:05:44 PDT 2010

On 6-ago-10, at 14:48, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:

> [...]

> Thankfully, the template solution makes all this moot since you can
> simply
> choose the type you want the function to return ;)

yep :)

>>> OK, I'll go about making the  change for dup.
>> ok great, it seems that sometime it is possible to reach a
>> conclusion to a
>> discussion quickly,
>> somehow refreshing  :)
>
> hehe :)  Often times, people start "discussing" with the expected
> conclusion in
> mind, and cannot seem to release that goal.  I try to keep an open
> mind but I'm
> certainly guilty of explaining how it will be vs. discussing what it
> should be.

well to be fair I also fall ino that trap, and actually some lengthly
discussions
can be interesting, but not everything has to be dissected forever,
there are
diminishing returns, even if all contributions were well tought out,
and a given
point it often it is just about choosing which tradeoffs to make
(which is always
a bit arbitrary).

ok now I stop before I succesfully transform this in another lengthly
discussion ;)

Fawzi