[D-runtime] druntime commit, revision 459

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:17:21 PST 2010

On 28 December 2010 19:34, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote:
> This one was discussed a while ago in private email and stalled for lack of an executive decision.  I'll paste some pertinent bits of the discussion below (all stuff I said).  The rest of this message is pasted from various old emails.

That's good to know.  So the Linux behaviour is also believed to be
incorrect, but in a different way?

Still, none of this SEH stuff seems right to me. localunwind returns a
CollidedUnwind, but it doesn't seem to actually be doing a collided
unwind.  If it does a collided unwind, it should be changing the catch
clause which it's ultimately trying to reach, but continuing to
execute any finally clauses en route. If it does exception chaining,
it should continue to execute any finally clauses en route.
But it does neither of these things; instead, it just silently fails!
(This would seem to be wrong on D1, regardless of what it is supposed
to do on D2).

For something which is so complicated and undocumented by Microsoft,
the lack of comments in the code is terrible. I added a lot of
comments out of frustration. Please fix any which are wrong, and
change the function names where appropriate.
Regardless of when bug 1513 gets fixed, it seemed to me an
embarrassment that a C compiler was required for the D runtime.