[D-runtime] utf utility functions

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sun Jun 20 12:42:51 PDT 2010

On Jun 19, 2010, at 11:36 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:

> In rt.util.utf are a set of low level utf functions.  Phobos duplicates quite a
> few of them in std.utf.  Just like arrays and other built in data types, their
> support code should be exposed by the runtime, imho.
>
> My current aim is to make sure the dmd unit tests stay minimal.  Importing
> phobos level files... isn't. :)

Yeah, that's why I cloned std.utf in the first place :-)  I've been thinking the same thing, but figured it would be nice to do a code review of the module at the same time and just haven't gotten to it.  Do you think the module should just be moved into core as-is or should it be worked over a bit?