[D-runtime] druntime commit, revision 410

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 12:51:36 PDT 2010

Without looking at it at all, my firm belief is that std.datetime should use
core.time.Duration as its duration type.  One of the big issues I had with Tango
before implementing the time types was that you had 3 or 4 different ways to
specify time.

In all likelyhood you are going to be using std.datetime to do most of your code
since it provides mechanisms that work with the local clock.  If you then have
to convert your std.datetime structs to core.time structs in order to call core
functions, that's going to be a huge turnoff.

In addition, std.datetime should publicly import core.time so it's seamless to
the person who wants to work with time structures.

I know the datetime stuff is not final yet, but Jonathan, can we look at what
duration type should be moved to core.time?

-Steve