[D-runtime] D Concurrent GC

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Tue Sep 28 08:27:40 PDT 2010

On Sep 28, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:

> It was pretty easy to add, I just copy-pasted some code that creates the bits.
> The toughest part really was to go through all the modules that define BlkAttr
> and add the APPENDABLE flag (unsure why this isn't done in one place...).

Part of the bid to have each piece of the runtime be separately compilable.  The BlkAttr flag values were defined in the spec, so each portion of the runtime just defined them.  I've since relaxed on this goal though and now think it's okay for everything to import whatever is in core, so the compiler runtime code could import core.memory and use that instead.