[D-runtime] Update request from tango runtime

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Fri Apr 15 07:15:29 PDT 2011

On 15-apr-11, at 15:29, Sean Kelly wrote:

> Oh the schedulers, related but different. It's a big change. Fawzi
> implemented that for some work he was doing. It seems a bit beyond
> the scope of what I'd intended for fibers, but I should give it a
> look. Fawzi, what do you think?

I think that the scheduler could be improved, the scheduler I
implemented for blip is completely external, and not in the runtime
(which indeed introduce some issues, but on the plus side one can
avoid it completely if not used.
The scheduler in the thread is not really used as far as I know, at
least not publically, it was some work by kris for I/O, personally I
would rip it out.
So I am a bit surprised tht he really needs it, I will ask him the
details.
Unification thread/fiber can be useful though. It has been a while
since I looked at the details, I will try to do some work on
parallelization, next week, so I will look if I can look at it...

ciao
Fawzi