[D-runtime] druntime commit, revision 483

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Jan 7 23:04:56 PST 2011

I think I've got it.  The collection that's running is probably when the runtime is terminating, so the spawned thread didn't start (and add itself to the thread list) until after thread_joinAll was called and things were shutting down.  Almost anything could have vanished by the time the receive operation is executed, and thus the weird behavior.  I'll have to go back to having Thread.start add the new thread to the list.  It's the way the code used to work until someone complained about a segfault that turned out to be a collection occurring when the new thread was still in the depths of the kernel startup code.  It's likely I'll have to add finer-grained state tracking, so a STARTING thread is suspended/resumed but not scanned, while a RUNNING thread is both suspended and scanned.  Sucks, but I don't see a way around it.