[D-runtime] druntime commit, revision 494

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jan 9 18:27:23 PST 2011

On Sunday 09 January 2011 16:17:29 Brad Roberts wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 January 2011 11:52:09 dsource.org wrote:
> >> druntime commit, revision 494
> >>

> >> user: Don Clugston
> >>
> >> msg:
> >> Removed usage of Phobos in druntime, which is causing the Windows build
> >> to break. As far as I can tell, the error message will only occur on
> >> PCs *earlier* than the AT !!!! So it's not worth trying to make a nice
> >> error message.
> >
> > Sorry about that. I'm not sure if it was me or SHOO who added that check,
> > but I didn't catch the fact that it was using std when I moved it out of
> > std.datetime. Shame on me.
> >
> > I think that pretty much all of the cases where something like that might
> > fail is checked though, even if it really shouldn't ever happen.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> There's still at least one core.time related failure that needs to be
> investigated and fixed.  Win32 is failing on one of the unit tests:
>
> core.exception.AssertError at core.time(1504): unittest failure
>
> http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/test_data.ghtml?dataid=37612

Bleh. Whatever the system clocks ticks per second are on that system, it's
apparently not managing to hold 10_000_000 hnsecs accurately. I suppose that the
asserts on 1504 and 1506 will have to be made to use <= instead of ==, at least
for the moment. I expect that that would fix them. Still, this variance in
precision and the fact that Windows doesn't appear to have anything approaching
a round or consistent (across systems anyway) number of ticks per second is
definitely annoying when it comes to crafting appropriate tests.

- Jonathan M Davis