[D-runtime] Why does druntime us .di files instead of .d?

Andrew Wiley wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 21:30:04 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com>wrote:

> On 7/14/2011 2:40 PM, Andrew Wiley wrote:
>

>> It seems to me that a way to fix all this and guarantee CTFE-ability
>> (which seems to be the end goal) would be to add some sort of modifier or
>> annotation to designate that a function is CTFE-able.
>>

> Please, please, no! I hate "constexpr" in C++0x. One of the whole point of
> CTFE is it "just works" on regular D functions.

I think that's excellent as well, and to be honest I don't think an
annotation is a good solution, but we're going to have to come up with
something here because it isn't "just working."

CTFE, traits, and mixins together make D a powerhouse for compile-time code
generation, and that's pretty much what's kept me around here :D