[D-runtime] Why does druntime us .di files instead of .d?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 05:05:15 PDT 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:40:19 +0300, Andrew Wiley
<wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that a way to fix all this and guarantee CTFE-ability
> (which seems to be the end goal) would be to add some sort of modifier
> or annotation to designate that a function is CTFE-able.

We've actually discussed this idea with Andrei on the #d IRC channel. I
would suggest a more generic attribute like @exportsource which preserves
the body of a function in cases where it would be stripped otherwise
(including .di generation). It wouldn't need to be required, unless the
user wants to use CTFE with .di files.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net