[D-runtime] druntime/src/core/sys/posix/sys/un.d

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Sep 3 08:18:01 PDT 2011

I guess the reason you had to look at un.d is dmds failure to build the
import file under windows. This is happening, because the file is still
compiled, even though only di-output is desired. The same currently
happens with std.c.linux.socket when generating its documentation:

std\c\linux\socket.d(44): Error: undefined identifier hostent

This makes it difficult to create a complete release on a single
platform. I think there are two possibilities to resolve this:

1. stop compilation after parsing if -o- is given in combination with -H
(I'm not sure if this also works for documentation generation, as it
might need semantic analysis)

2. allow switching predefined versions Windows,Linux,OSX,etc. with a
command line option.

I'd vote for the second option, because it also allows to verify that
source code compiles on other platforms, even if you don't have access
to it.

Rainer