[D-runtime] Speeding up integration

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Wed Feb 1 13:47:29 PST 2012

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:35:53 +0100, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org>
wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>
>> Sean, what can we do to help you keeping up with the amount of pull
>> requests?
>
> Find me some free time :-/  To be more constructive though, it's worth
> noting that I'm a more particular about changes code I originally
> authored, largely because I want to continue to be able to know how it
> works without much inspection, and maintain it easily.  Also, I'm very
> careful with any changes to core.thread, because the implementation has
> a lot of non-obvious requirements that tend to result in race conditions
> when violated.

Yeah I've seen that when trying to break it apart. I'd really be glad if
we could get
rid of using signals for suspending (it's causing another deadlock with
std.parallelism).

The current motivation for the core.thread pimpl is to add shared library
support,
which is rottening in my tree for almost 2 month. Fiddling that into the
API file would be a mess.