[D-runtime] Supporting different C libraries and architectures

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Feb 26 01:45:58 PST 2012

On Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:02:00 Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am 25.02.2012 20:52, schrieb Sean Kelly:
> > Ugh. It's worth noting that the current definitions for OSX, Linux, and
> > FreeBSD are all glibc and all relatively different, too.
> FreeBSD doesn't use glibc by default although glibc has FreeBSD support.
> They use "BSD libc" http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/
>
> The OSX C library seems to be part of libSystem. And that seems to use "
> Darwin libc" http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/Libc/ which is BSD
> licensed and therefore can't be based on glibc.

If it's varying for pretty much every OS, and the problem is that android
doesn't match what linux does but is considered linux, then maybe there should
be an android version and then either android isn't linux, or it's both linux
and android, and we just do like we do with Posix and put the more specific one
first in the version lists.

- Jonathan M Davis