[D-runtime] Runtime issue on Mac OS X

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Jun 24 03:26:18 PDT 2012

On Jun 23, 2012, at 03:45 PM, Martin Nowak <dawg at dawgfoto.de> wrote:

> That's probably not the best idea. One might prefer control over magic.
> It also implies that we have to peek through all loaded C libraries to
> search
> dependent D libraries which AFAIK is only feasible by hacking libc
> structures.

Could you elaborate on why that is implied? I don't understand why calling "rt_init" manually or automatically would make any difference. The dynamic loader (dyld) has API's available to inspect all loaded dynamic libraries, if that's what you're referring to.

For example: "_dyld_get_image_header" and "_dyld_image_count".

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/DeveloperTools/Reference/MachOReference/Reference/reference.html

--
/Jacob Carlborg