[D-runtime] Thread.yield() and SwitchToThread() on Windows

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri May 4 17:18:40 PDT 2012

On Saturday, May 05, 2012 02:09:20 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Do we support anything older than XP still?
>
> If we don't, we should use this function.

We don't have an official version of Windows that we support, but at present,
Phobos works with Win2K, and Walter tends to be of the opinion that we should
support everything. However, we _did_ recently remov support for Windows 9x,
because it had to be handled specially and made maintenance harder. But the
same argument does not really exist for Win2k, and actually, this is the first
time that I've ever heard of a function which was added in XP. All the stuff
that I've seen seems to have been added in either Win2K or Vista.

I don't know how reasonable it is or isn't to drop support for Win2K, but we
do effectively support it right now even if we don't have an official policy on
which versions of Windows we support.

- Jonathan M Davis