[D-runtime] A mechanism to kill threads

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:54:44 PDT 2012

Again, this boils down to knowing what you're doing. You should NOT be
killing a thread if there is any chance whatsoever that the thread
could be doing GC allocation while you do it.

That said, I'm not convinced that this is a problem that we cannot
work around; I think that if kill() would acquire the global thread
lock, this problem could be prevented from happening.

Regards,
Alex