[D-runtime] Pull requests

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:25:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

There are a few no-brainer pull requests currently pending:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/216
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/214
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/213
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/181

Can we merge these just to get the queue down a bit?

There is also this one:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/198

It requires a little more thinking than the others. I'm not even sure
myself whether the changes are good; I really need input on this.

Then there is this one:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/215

The reason I'm unsure about it is that I have no idea if it'll play
nice with shared libraries/DLLs. Can anyone with some knowledge about
shared libraries weigh in on this?

This one is in response to a recent post on D.learn:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/211

It replicates the Windows behavior on POSIX and works for me on Linux
(should work fine on OS X and FreeBSD too; the libdl interface is
pretty much the same). It does have a DMD pull request dependency,
though.

And then the more complex one:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/204

It's been passing the auto tester for a while and seems to work as
intended. It's currently blocking two other semi-important threading
patches I have.

Finally, there is Adam Wilson's DI patch:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/218

It, too, has been passing the auto tester for days and is an important
change to make his DI generation patch for DMD useful. The community
(NG) seems to universally agree that it's the right way forward, so I
really think this one can be merged right away.

Any input on the above pull requests is appreciated. I *really* would
like to see these in 2.060, but we need to speed up the review/merge
process if that's going to happen.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alex