[D-runtime] Two pull requests I'd really like to be merged into 2.060

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:33:05 PDT 2012

Hi,

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/213
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/229

The first one is a no-brainer. As I said in the pull request, for a GC
that doesn't lock, the delegate can simply be called without further
ado. This is a very important function to have in order to implement
weak references sanely.

The second one requires a bit of review and thought but as I described
in the pull request description, it's absolutely essential (as far as
I know) for my use case.

I don't think there's anything about these two that requires
postponing them to another release, nor can they break any existing
code, so can we please try to get these into 2.060 at the very least?

Regards,
Alex