[D-runtime] [D-Programming-Language/druntime] cef9bd: changes to build and pass unittests

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 24 00:43:37 PST 2012

On 11/24/2012 12:03 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> Cool. I was hitting this problem aswell, but didn't know what to do about it.
>
>> 3) remove -L/co and add user32.lib to unittest build command
>
> I think the root problem here is that windows.d forwards CreateWindowA to CreateWindowExA, producing code where only
> declarations are expected. It just adds unexpected DLL dependencies. Do you know why this is done?
>
> BTW: At the same time I noticed that most of the functions in windows.d are decorated with "export". Isn't this
> unnecessary and misleading?

I know very little about the windows side of d, as I really don't use windows for anything other than getting to other
machines and it's office suite.  I decided to lend Walter a hand with getting the alpha up to the point of being ready
for auto-testing (it's not quite there yet, but it's close).  For any windows 'why' question(s), I'm a poor resource.

I also don't intend to spend a lot of time coming up to speed on the issues.  My todo list is way too long already and
investing in improving a platform I don't use isn't enough to add it, sorry.