[D-runtime] [D-Programming-Language/druntime] cef9bd: changes to build and pass unittests

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Nov 24 02:40:32 PST 2012

On 11/24/2012 9:43 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 11/24/2012 12:03 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>> Cool. I was hitting this problem aswell, but didn't know what to do about it.
>>
>>> 3) remove -L/co and add user32.lib to unittest build command
>>
>> I think the root problem here is that windows.d forwards CreateWindowA to CreateWindowExA, producing code where only
>> declarations are expected. It just adds unexpected DLL dependencies. Do you know why this is done?
>>
>> BTW: At the same time I noticed that most of the functions in windows.d are decorated with "export". Isn't this
>> unnecessary and misleading?
>
> I know very little about the windows side of d, as I really don't use windows for anything other than getting to other
> machines and it's office suite.  I decided to lend Walter a hand with getting the alpha up to the point of being ready
> for auto-testing (it's not quite there yet, but it's close).  For any windows 'why' question(s), I'm a poor resource.

 From the git-history, it seems that Sean did the initial commit that
already included the code, so maybe he can comment.

> I also don't intend to spend a lot of time coming up to speed on the issues.  My todo list is way too long already and
> investing in improving a platform I don't use isn't enough to add it, sorry.

I'm also trying to push the win64 builds through the unittests and the
test suite. To avoid duplication of efforts we should synchronize. I'm
currently trying to convert my recent changes into pull requests...

If you could setup the auto-tester to build for win64 that would be great.