[D-runtime] Is core.math public API?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 2 11:01:56 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, October 02, 2012 19:43:52 David Nadlinger wrote:
> > […] so either LDC expects the intrinsics and will blow up if you use them
> > […]
> I think you might have misunderstood something here: LDC is the one
> responsible for _providing_ the intrinsics.

No. I understood that. My point was that because std.math expects intrinsics
for those funtions, if LDC _doesn't_ provide them, there will be issues, and
they appear to be the same intrinsics that core.math expects, so if you need
them for one, you need them for the other. But I'm not at all versed in the
details of how the compiler(s) sort out the intrinsics themselves.

- Jonathan M Davis