[D-runtime] Is core.math public API?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 2 16:59:01 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, October 03, 2012 01:51:36 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> I think this is perfectly reasonable - we need to eliminate any and
> all magic support the compiler has for things in Phobos. It must be
> another library or we have serious language design issues.

Well, pretty much the whole reason that druntime exists in the first place is
so that the language stuff that requires code outside the compiler would be
separated from the actual standard library code. So, it does seem like it's
going contrary to that goal to make Phobos rely on magic support to do its
thing. Certainly, if you can't build the exact same version of Phobos on two D
compilers which are both compliant to the spec, then we have a problem.

- Jonathan M Davis