[D-runtime] druntime ModuleInfo discovery without bracketing segments

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Aug 29 14:29:59 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Martin Nowak <dawg at dawgfoto.de> wrote:
> So you can't control the order in which sections are created?
> This makes me wonder because defining variables in C code
> with attribute section will also preserve the order.

It turns out that it actually might be possible to implement this on
LLVM: The problem is not so much the order of symbols when just
emitting a single LLVM module to a single object file, but that we
also use the LLVM bitcode-level linker, which also has to handle
whatever we are doing in a reasonable way (i.e. the desired semantics
must actually exist in LLVM IR, not just on the target).

In any case, what precise kind of "hidden" are you experimenting with?
STV_HIDDEN? I couldn't quite get things to work here, do you maybe
have an example patch/asm file/…?

Thanks,
David