[D-runtime] druntime should be a shared library/DLL

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Mar 5 11:45:23 PST 2013

On 05.03.2013 16:35, Artur Skawina wrote:
> On 03/01/13 18:38, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> - What is happening on linux? I guess there is no import table there so relocations are pointing directly into the shared library, but what about PC relative adressing?
>
> http://www.iecc.com/linker/linker10.html
>
> artur

Thanks for the link. The article seems to be a bit old, though (1999, no
64-bit, seems to compare to XP). Not sure how much has changed since.

It isn't clear from the initial description, but the comparison at the
end gives me the impression that ELF allows direct data relocations into
another shared library very much like what I've tried to implement for
Windows.

I've tried generating some ELF object files (under windows by compiling
for TARGET_LINUX), but I don't see any code generated to support 64-bit
data addresses. How is this going to work?