[D-runtime] Time for druntime for Linux64 to default to a shared lib

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Wed Mar 13 01:46:18 PDT 2013

2013/3/13 Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com>

> Thanks to the efforts of Martin Nowak (dawgfoto) I have been able to build
> druntime as a shared library under Linux64 and get it to successfully run
> the test suite.
>
> Therefore, it's now time to make this now the default. This requires some
> changes to the makefiles for druntime, phobos, and some tweaks to dmd.

It is very nice to hear that problems which you expect to not been fixed
soon are actually being fixed.

Currently D object file is statically linked to phobos archive which
includes druntime as well. After this changes druntime would be expelled
from phobos library, right?

What about dynamic loading support of user-written modules?