D being talked about at gcc.gnu.org (RPM)

Carlos Santander csantander619 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 06:51:08 PDT 2006

Philip Van Hoof escribió:
> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:14 +0200, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>>
>> Yes, sounds like a good start... I'm also working on the other missing
>> components, namely a development environment (IDE) and a user interface.
>> And me and my company is investing heavilly in making it more popular,
>> even if met with mixed success so far... But maybe one day it will be ?
>
> Existing development environments can be reused. Creating a ctags-like
> (dtags) for d isn't going to be very hard and would enable things like
> code completion on for example Anjuta. I think the code completion of
> MonoDevelop uses some specific Mono/C# things (so that one probably
> ain't an option).

A ctags thing (whatever that is, I really don't know) has already be done. Maybe
you can find it in the wiki.

> Other than that would support for the D language in gnome-build be
> useful. Adding that support would basically enable Anjuta as development
> environment for D on the GNOME desktop.
>
> Creating a plugin for Eclipse like CDT also sounds like a good option.

Check DDT in DSource.

> And then you have debugger integration, of course. I don't know how hard
> that would be.

There's a gdb patch project in DSource, and there's some (a lot?) of information
about debugging in the wiki.

> Integration with autotools (like, m4 macro's for detecting the compiler
> and setting compiler flags correctly) might also be important. Or create
> a dant (like nant and ant but then for d).

Check Build in DSource. This is the defacto building tool for D.

--
Carlos Santander Bernal