arm-wince D crosscompiler on the way, request help with mmap

Chad J "gamerChad\" at spamIsBad gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 11:51:51 PDT 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:

> mmap isn't a standard C function, it's a POSIX function.  Slight
> difference, but important.

Ah, good to know.

> It sounds like you're using the GDC Phobos library--the DMD version
> doesn't have that file.  If you're targeting WinCE, the compiled code
> will probably be linking to the DMD Phobos.  It has all the necessary
> Windows calls in place.  Alternately, you may simply have to move some
> DMD Phobos code into GDC or compile a slightly different set of object
> files.  If it's any help, the GC files needed for Windows are:
>
>     gc.obj
>     gcbits.obj
>     gcx.obj
>     win32.obj
>
> gcstats.obj is required as well, but that should build as a part of
> phobos/std.
>

> Sean

Interesting.  I'd like to try that.  One problem still remains though,
how do I suppress the checking of functions like mmap so that I can
build phobos and install the compiler?

It also makes me wonder why exactly there is a different version of
phobos for GDC.