GDC with later DMD's

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Sat Apr 29 12:14:48 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Gregor Richards wrote:
>
>> gdc-Ego is the combination of 0.17, 0.18-alpha1 and DMD-0.156
>
> Great, would it be possible to reorganize it to match gdc-0.17,
> and perhaps rename it to "0.18-alpha2" or something similar ?

Probably a good idea.

Though I don't like that the version numbering scheme of GDC has no
connection to the DMD frontend it uses ... guess that's just me :)

The reason I was organizing it like this is it keeps the middle IR-code
stuff separate from the frontend stuff, but since that's not how it's
compiled I guess that's not really a good choice X-P

>> Assuming he comes out of hibernation :(
>

> If he doesn't, we just have to ignore those two fringe targets...
> I don't see anything wrong with us releasing a gdc 0.18 anyway ?

Well, I've e-mailed him, hope to get a response one way or the other.

  - Gregor Richards