whether all memory operation all implemented by a new operator(if i overload it) in object.d

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:57:23 PDT 2006

davidl wrote:
> char [][char[]] a;
> like above that would result a map between char[] and char[], there
> must  be some memory operations. so would it call object.d's new
> operator's  implementation?
> and char []a;
> a.length=34; <--would that call object.d's new implementation?

I don't know much about kernels or the insides of D's memory management,
so I can't help there, sorry.

> I wanna use full d's feature to write a kernel. so just ask whether d
> is  suitable to write a kernel.

What I can do is point you to people who are also writing a kernel in D.
  Check out Titan on dsource.
http://www.dsource.org/projects/titan
http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=73

btw, you'd probably be better off posting this on digitalmars.D.learn or
maybe digitalmars.D.  This stuff doesn't seem related to GDC and would
be handled better in those other branches of the newsgroup.