Supported architectures for D

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:26:17 PDT 2006

Wim Vander Schelden wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering which architectures and/or operating systems are
> (fully or partially) supported by gdc? I find D an interesting language,
> but I like to keep my code portable.
>
> I am particularly interested int ARM, PowerPC and SH3 architectures.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Wim

I am currently working on the ARM/pocketPC platform.  I've released the
compiler already, though it suffers from some big problems like the
garbage collector crashing during collection.  For more info and the
download, read the thread called "GDC D compiler for PocketPCs is
here!".  Debugging in progress...

I don't plan on doing an SH3 port myself since all of the new PDAs seem
to be using ARM processors of various types.

I do hope to have a ARM-PalmOS port some day, but some day could be very
far into the future.

For everything else, check "Supported Targets" on this page:
http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/