Supported architectures for D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 15:38:15 PDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:42:26 -0700, Wim Vander Schelden
<wim.vanderschelden at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have a PocketPC any more, I now own a Tungsten|C, on which I
> intend to run Linux by the end of the summer. I'd like to help you with
> porting the compiler over to ARM/Linux once it does, if you're
> interested in such a port.
>
> Wim

I used to own a Tungsten|C and loved the sturdy PDA (great battery
life!).  But, unfortunately, it took just one little mishap and the screen
cracked.  It really annoyed me to find out that many other Tungsten|C
users had the same problem.  Palm manufactured horrible screens, and
didn't provide any default way to effectively replace it or to protect it
effectively.  I would probably still use that excellent PDA if it weren't
for that.

Now all the parts sit uselessly in my closet, and I'm stuck using a
Windows Mobile 5.0 device Dell X50v which I really don't like very much
because of all the WM5 software and OS bloat and horrible UI.  All that
supposed "power" sucks the battery dry and wm5 still is a ugly, slow
clunker (you have to slow the CPU down to make the battery last and that
makes the already cluttered OS run slow).  Sad to say, I've dropped my
Dell many times and it still won't die -- it just keeps running like a
clunker :P. That says it's a well-made machine with a very poorly designed
OS.  Gone are the days of the "best of both worlds."

I loved the fast responsiveness of the old palm days. *sigh*

/end of sad PDA story

-JJR