GDC D compiler for PocketPCs is here!

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 19:01:23 PDT 2006

John Reimer wrote:

> Well... that's unfortunate.  Pocketconsole is a very old piece of
> software  and doesn't support Windows Mobile 5.0.  So I guess the rest
> of us are  stuck?  I know of know working command line for windows
> mobile 5. :(
>
> -JJR

Dang, I didn't know that.

WM5.suckyness++;

I already read that SynCE doesn't work with WM5 yet.  This all makes me
not like WM5.  I'm going to be looking at a new PDA soon, perhaps an
Axim x50v (like you have it seems), and I'll be avoiding WM5.  Hoping
for WM3 SE or something.

As for "what if I don't have a command line", well, I was hoping to
hijack stderr in phobos and make it open a window to display the error
message or some such.  This would allow people to see the error messages
without special software like pocketconsole.  This is kind of low
priority for me right now though, what with the gc crashing.  Damn
windows thread API is making it hard for me to get a non-pseudo thread
handle...