Supported architectures for D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:37:19 PDT 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:06:17 -0700, Wim Vander Schelden
<wim.vanderschelden at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're developing our own port at the moment, and then join Hack'n'Dev
> and Familiar for packages. Currently Linux boots, but the touch screen
> and the keyboard don't work yet. We will get GPE running in all its
> glory by the next school year though.

Ahh, I was wondering because I'd never heard of a linux port for the
Tungsten|C before.

> About the Zaurus: You have _TWO_? I think I speak for several Linux
> guru-wannabes here when I say I spend months looking for one, but never
> got a decent deal on it, and still regret the day I didn't buy one.

Yes, two :).  One from an easy ebay deal (the C700) and the other from
overseas (C3200).  No decent deal was available on the C3200, of course.
I just grit my teeth and shelled out the money.  I just wanted one that
bad :P.

The C700 series wasn't that hard to find on ebay for a good deal, though.
It's battery life is the most dismal of the 7** and 8** clamshell series,
but it's certainly an excellent and inexpensive unit for experimenting on
before I touch the likes of the shiny C3200. And I love having a rotatable
640x480 screen. :)

Another unit that greatly interests me is the GP2X.  That linux-based
unit, although it's more media and game console oriented, looks
fascinating.  And it's not all that expensive either.

-JJR