gdc 0.20 svn branch on mingw/gcc4.0.3 (win32) segfaults

Downs mathis.beer at tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Dec 4 13:58:38 PST 2006

Attempting to build the current rev48 gdc 0.20 branch on mingw/gcc4.0.3;
the resulting gdc.exe is incapable of compiling even the most basic test
files; it crashes on configure with a sigsegv in actest.d:0.
Somewhat related question; is it possible to compile gcc so that it does
not catch segment violations internally? This "feature" makes it
impossible for me to get stack traces of the crash in gdb (no stackdumps
are produced either).
Alternatively, any idea what I could do to narrow the problem area down?
Thanks for ideas; greetings.