gdc 0.20 svn branch on mingw/gcc4.0.3 (win32) segfaults

Downs mathis.beer at tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Dec 4 15:45:02 PST 2006

Carlos Santander wrote:
> Downs escribió:
>> Attempting to build the current rev48 gdc 0.20 branch on
>> mingw/gcc4.0.3; the resulting gdc.exe is incapable of compiling even
>> the most basic test files; it crashes on configure with a sigsegv in
>> actest.d:0.
>> Somewhat related question; is it possible to compile gcc so that it
>> does not catch segment violations internally? This "feature" makes it
>> impossible for me to get stack traces of the crash in gdb (no
>> stackdumps are produced either).
>> Alternatively, any idea what I could do to narrow the problem area down?
>> Thanks for ideas; greetings.
>
> The ChangeLog right now says "More 0.176 merges", so I would consider
> the compiler unstable.

I was under the assumption code had to be somewhat stable-y to be
checked into svn. Good point though; I hadn't considered that.
  Still, the current version of the compiler fails on a _trivial_
example; so I still think I was justified in pointing it out (especially
considering the problem seems to be exclusive to win32 (somebody is
using rev48 under macos without problems (I think)) and, there not being
that many gdcwin users, it could well have gone unnoticed (on that note,
does anybody know if the gdc maintainer does test builds on win32?))
Greetings