Building Apple GCC with GDC

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Dec 11 17:15:23 PST 2006

David Friedman wrote:

>> Scrapping the "10.4-intel" and "universal" gdcmac versions,
>> it will all go in the same 10.4 PKG/DMG version for GDC 0.20
>
> You can move ligphobos.a and libgphobos.spec to

OK, the reason it wasn't working was that I moved it to
the old Apple GCC location instead of the new one I used. <duh>

i.e.
I moved it to /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libgphobos.a, but it
was looking in /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin7/3.3.6...

Works fine now.

> That said, I am planning to drop support for GCC 3.3 in the next (0.21)
> release.  When I asked, I didn't get a response from anyone who was
> actually using it...

That should be OK, I am only using GCC 3.3 for my Mac OS X 10.3
builds and am planning to focus on Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 next.

And if GDC 0.20 matches DMD 1.0 - then that should be valid for
a while to come, I guess ? Besides, templates are broken anyway.

Using C instead.

--anders