gdcgnu - RPM/DEB packages

Jeff jeffrparsons at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 22 01:42:14 PST 2006

Curious:

jeff at meatpopsicle:~/Downloads/D$ fakeroot alien --keep-version --scripts
gdc-0.20-1.i386.rpm
gdc_0.20-1_i386.deb generated
jeff at meatpopsicle:~/Downloads/D$ sudo dpkg -i gdc_0.20-1_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 167368 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace gdc 0.20-1 (using gdc_0.20-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement gdc ...
Setting up gdc (0.20-1) ...
[: 6: configure: bad number

Has anyone had success with alien-generated debs for this?