How do I start ? Total Newbee

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Jul 20 00:11:08 PDT 2006

zvi wrote:

> I followed instructions, downloded, did a general (not custom) install, and the
> same with the second link. And nothing happening.
> Looks like i'm still missing something

If you use a Terminal window, it should reply something like this:

# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)

# gdc --version
                      gdc (GCC) 3.3.6 (gdc 0.18, using dmd 0.157)

If those two programs are not present, then the installation failed.

--anders

PS. You don't enter the # marks, just the part after it.
     Maybe that is what happened ? (the # means a comment
     when used as a command, it just represents the prompt)