Linker problems with arm-wince, need help/info

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 23:23:58 PDT 2006

Whenever I try to compile stuff with the arm-wince-pe-gdc compiler I'm
working on, it gives me this kind of error message:

/tmp/ccCUG0Nj.o(.text+0x44):main.d: undefined reference to
`_D3std4file5writeFAaAvZv'
/tmp/ccCUG0Nj.o(.text+0x8c):main.d: undefined reference to `_Dmodule_ref'
/tmp/ccCUG0Nj.o(.data+0x40):main.d: undefined reference to
`_ModuleInfo_3std4file'
/usr/local/arm-wince-pe/EntryPoint/Console/crt0.o(.text+0x2c): undefined
reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm pretty sure it is linking in gphobos.  I've even tried explicitly
linking to gphobos, and I get exactly the same problems.  Lemme guess,
the same startfile (crt0.o) that worked for C plus plus, won't work for
D?  If that's the case, I'd like to know what D needs in a startfile and
where I can go to learn how to write startfiles.

Otherwise, I'm fairly clueless.  I looked for those symbols in gphobos
with a hex editor and found them.  I'm not sure what that means though
as I don't understand the guts of the linking process.  My startfile
hunch aside, anyone know what these errors might be about?