Is GDC dead?

Marcus R. Brown mrbrown at budcat.com
Sun Mar 5 20:01:07 PST 2006

Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I've spent a lot of time preparing a potential 0.18 release that's based
> off of dmd 0.148's frontend.  I've also fixed a few other bugs.  There's a
> couple bugs left to be fixed and a few merge related cleanups that need to
> be done.  I've sort of been holding on them until I can talk with David
> again.  He hasn't responded to the last couple emails I've sent.

This is exciting news.

> What sort of patches do you have?  Can you create bugzilla entries for
> them if they're fixing bugs and add the patches as attachments?  Please be
> sure to break them down into one bugzilla entry and patch per issue and
> don't combine them into one.

I have more fixes to Make-lang.in and fixes to impcnvgen.c and idgen.c for
cross-compiling (specifically Canadian crosses).  I also have fixes to the
autconf machinery, and various fixes to glue code for things like function
declarations, etc.  I've created an bugzilla account, so I'll start
submitting patches soon.

> In case you haven't seen the announcement on digitalmars.D.bugs, the
> bugzilla db lives here:  http://d.puremagic.com/bugzilla/

Are there still plans for a revision-controlled GDC?  SourceForge has
finally gained Subversion support and it would be nice if changes could be
tracked there.  I'm becoming more interested in cleaning up some bits of GDC
based on the target I've been porting it to.

Thanks for the heads up.