D being talked about at gcc.gnu.org

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 21 18:36:07 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, clayasaurus wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has ever seen this link? Sorry if it has been brought up
> before.

Yup.. subject has been brought up several times.  The problem is to be
integrated into the official gnu gcc source tree copyright has to be
signed over to the fsf.  That's a showstopper, unfortunatly.  IMHO, that's
a draconian policy, but it's RMS's right to set those policies for
software under the FSF umbrella no matter how much I think it hurts/sucks.

Thankfully, building GDC out of tree like it is today is very very easy.

Later,
Brad