GDC with later DMD's

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue May 2 01:10:06 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

> Nice to know it'll work on Mac at all ;)

Oh, it does. On the ones using Intel, too...
(at least I think it does, no bug reports yet)

> Seems to me like DMD 0.156 is by far the more important issue.

It is, at least if you want the new things with templates and what not.
You can still run the "traditional" D programs, of course. (DMD 0.140)
But it would be nice if GDC could catch up with the newest D language.

Just meant that it is still useful, even while it haven't done so...

> GCC 4.1.0 can wait :)

The problem being that GCC 4.1.0 is now shipped as the default compiler
on for instance Fedora Core 5, which means that you right now can't even
compile GDC on those machines without using a "compat" (GCC 3) compiler.

GCC 4.0 works though, so it should be OK for Mac OS X 10.4 - and Ubuntu.

> And hopefully no new homepage will be necessary, since David will
> reappear and get things back on track.  Optimism is awesome 8-D

It needs a new* homepage anyway, but I definitely hope David returns!
(* = with the space/bandwidth for the binaries, some design and docs)

We will have to see how it goes, and also hear from Gabe on "gnu-d.org"

--anders