version(Windows)

Downs mathis.beer at tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Nov 27 18:44:55 PST 2006

Marjancek wrote:
> I'm having a hard time trying to compile with gdc. I make use of
> windows functions from std.path, but it seams that the version is not
> set to Windows, and so I get an ugly assert(0) from path.d.
>
> I've tried using -fversion=Windows, but then I get an error that this
> is a reserved word. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mariano.

I have encountered the same problem. This seems to be the fault of gdc,
which should probably set version=Windows, not only version=Win32, as it
does now (or at least allow us to set -fversion=Windows by ourselves).
In the meantime, an "acceptable" fix is to change all occurences of
version(Windows) in the header files to version(Win32). Ugly, but there
you go.