XCode 2.4 and gdc

Fredrik Olsson peylow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 01:56:36 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund skrev:
> Fredrik Olsson wrote:
>
>> The support files for Xcode are hidden in:
>> /Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/
>> A quite long but logical path.
>
> Paths with spaces in them suck eggs, logical or not.
> /Library/Application\ Support/Apple/Developer\ Tools

I think we can blame the lowest denominator here. Just as UTF8 how
logical and good it ever is, fails unless all tools in the chain has
support for it. A chain is never stronger than the weakest link :(.

>> It is a project template for a tool application in D. It solves a few
>> problems present in Xcode 2.2 and later. Apple decided to change some
>> of the syntax... breaking the earlier templates.
>
> I've promised to include Xcode 2.x support next time,
> but it seems that this template still uses GCC 3.3 ?

I do not think so, I believe it is merely a strange naming convention.
GDC 3.3, when in practice it will use whatever the gdc is symlinked to.

Or that could be my setup, it has been patched over a long time. And I
am not quite sure how one would set it up from scratch any longer. I
will have to look into that.

// Fredrik Olsson