gdc-0.19 violates D spec bahavior on module name case sensitivity

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger at darkstargames.de
Tue Oct 17 06:24:38 PDT 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> Yes, the doc there is a convention, not spec. It just suggest
> that you should use lower case names, since that might reduce
> problems when moving files between systems.

Then you got another problem, e.g. if somebody works on a Windows
box and has mounted his stuff from a Linux/Samba Server.
Depending on the configuration of Samba the files might end up
all uppercase, in which case a compiler farm running under Linux
are unable to locate the files, since Samba made them uppercase.
I think that D, aiming to cancel out ambiguouties, should make
it a definitive specification, that all files and module names
are treated case insensitive.

Wolfgang Draxinger
--
E-Mail address works, Jabber: hexarith at jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867
GPG key FP: 2FC8 319E C7D7 1ADC 0408 65C6 05F5 A645 1FD3 BD3E