Build error for gdc-0.19

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:38:38 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 09:32 +0200, Dominique Würtz wrote:
> I did explicitly use CC="gcc-4.0" CXX="g++-4.0". OTOH, the libstdc++
> package version is 4.1.1, could this be the problem? I did not find a
> 4.0 version in the repos.

The problem should be the libstdc++.
If you go here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libstdc%
2B%2B&searchon=names&subword=1&version=edgy&release=all
you will find that libstdc++ is at version 4.1.1 as you already know but
there are also another kind of packages like this one "libstdc
++6-4.0-dev" that provides development file fot the correct version of
libstdc++ that you need.

It seems that you cannot compile gdc on edgy, try to build it in a
dapper environment though.
Use pbuilder to create a clean dapper environment under edgy...
--
Vincenzo Ampolo
http://www.nanofreesoft.org