GDC for x86_64!

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Sep 25 08:53:26 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

> FYI, I am planning on getting back to this (getting it stable and
> proper), but am swamped right now with other things (some D related :P )

I am revising the GDC spec so that it works for PPC64 too, based on
the GCC spec for Fedora Core 4 (it needs both of PPC and PPC64, just
like it needs both of SPARC and SPARC64 - for Intel those are separate
in two versions: "i386" and "x86_64", but not so on the RISC chips...)

So it does compile, but needs some love before it can be tested.

--anders

PS. The regular FC5 GCC uses GCC 4.1.x with some "neat features",
     so it's better to use the FC4 GCC which is 4.0.x and plainer.