invalid UTF-8 sequence compiler error

Cesar Rabak crabak at acm.org
Sun Apr 1 18:34:20 PDT 2007

Doing some tests on the gdc-0.22-1 for Linux (result of uname -a: Linux
fuba 2.6.12-12mdksmp #1 SMP Fri Sep 9 17:43:23 CEST 2005 i686 Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GNU/Linux), I got the error "invalid UTF-8
sequence" even if the 'offending' character is in comments.

Since the gcc counterpart does not complain on similar code with locale
specific characters (mainly accented chars), I ponder:

Is there a way to have a gdc that can work with accented characters in
strings and comments?

Regards,

--
Cesar Rabak