invalid UTF-8 sequence compiler error

Cesar Rabak crabak at acm.org
Sat Apr 7 10:35:04 PDT 2007

Thomas Kuehne escreveu:

> Cesar Rabak schrieb am 2007-04-06:
>> Cesar Rabak escreveu:
>>> Carlos Santander escreveu:
>>> [snipped]
>>>>
>>> It will take time to convince my folks it is a feature but I'll try :-)
>>>
>> In a chat with the stake holders I learned the source I can use the code
>> I want, but for the message strings I'll need to abide the sysadmin's
>> decisions which may be not UTF-.
>>
>> How it is this solved with the D compiler?
>
> If you simply store and print message you could use "ubyte[]". For everyting
> else like searching, concating etc. more information about the
> encoding(s) is required.

Thanks Thomas.

For going further in the tests for the consideration of D for
programming in new projects storing and printing messages is all I need
by now.

If too much text data starts to appear to be processed I might have to
consider an input method that makes the appropriate conversion to an
internal representation (and an output one, too).

--
Cesar Rabak