Porting GDC to QNX

Sheff sheffmail at mail.ru
Wed Apr 25 05:28:49 PDT 2007

Thomas Kuehne Wrote:

The output is:

LEN  4
PTR  8078FE0
pre  80478A8
len  4
ptr  8078FE0
post 805E980
LEN  805E991
PTR  8180000
pre  8047898
len  805E991
ptr  8180000
post 805E991

I've already understood what was the problem, the optimizer generated bad code, which was lefting garbage on the stack which then was passed to functions as arguments (in this example, the size of array "a"), I've manually fixed this in generated asm listing (added few pop instructions) and compiled from that listing, the program worked. So, where should I search for bugs ? In gcc backend or in gdc frontend ? Who's responsible for such "optimization" ?